- Authorities: Infant left in car, dies in Cape Girardeau County (8/13/18)
- Oran police chief spanked boy; MSHP filed assault report; no charges followed (8/9/18)11
- Highway patrol finds missing video sought by defense in Sikeston murder case (8/11/18)1
- A new sheriff in town: Ruth Ann Dickerson takes over in interim role (8/14/18)1
- Cape County voters pick Welker, Miller, Tracy, Hovis in Tuesday primaries (8/8/18)
- SEMO native gets Bootheel clicking (8/9/18)
- Missouri voters reject law banning compulsory union fees (8/8/18)19
- Prop A draws 'no' votes from area Republicans (8/13/18)17
- Police: Stalking claim at Jackson park deemed misunderstood prank (8/14/18)
- Decoration for Education: Teachers personalize education space for students (8/11/18)
Dorothy Alice Markham, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, July 2, 2018.
She was born Oct. 1, 1922, in Phoenix, Mississippi, to John Anglin and Winnie Irwin Linnan. She and Ralph M. Markham were married April 1, 1943, at Los Angeles. He preceded her in death in 2003.
She was a member of Immanuel Baptist Church in Doniphan, Missouri.
Survivors include her one daughter, Laurie Markham of Cape Girardeau; one adopted daughter, Cindy Gibbar; two sons, Randall (Sue) Markham of Macon, Georgia, and Steven (Suz) Markham of Lansdale, Pennsylvania; four grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and her beloved pet, Libby.
Visitation will be from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Graveside service will follow at Oak Ridge Cemetery in Doniphan, with the Rev. Mark Anderson officiating.
Online condolences may be made at fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.