- Authorities: Infant left in car, dies in Cape Girardeau County (8/13/18)
- Oran police chief spanked boy; MSHP filed assault report; no charges followed (8/9/18)11
- Highway patrol finds missing video sought by defense in Sikeston murder case (8/11/18)1
- A new sheriff in town: Ruth Ann Dickerson takes over in interim role (8/14/18)1
- Cape County voters pick Welker, Miller, Tracy, Hovis in Tuesday primaries (8/8/18)
- SEMO native gets Bootheel clicking (8/9/18)
- Missouri voters reject law banning compulsory union fees (8/8/18)19
- Prop A draws 'no' votes from area Republicans (8/13/18)17
- Police: Stalking claim at Jackson park deemed misunderstood prank (8/14/18)
- Decoration for Education: Teachers personalize education space for students (8/11/18)
Jerry Allen Chism, 60, of Scott City died Tuesday, June 26, 2018, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 24, 1957, in Beloit, Wisconsin, to O.C. and Norma King Chism. He and Susan Fox were married June 11, 1977, at Four Square Church in Cape Girardeau and later attended Victory Outreach in Cape Girardeau.
Jerry worked for Advanced Business Systems for 32 years.
Survivors include his wife, Susan Chism of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Jennifer (Brian) Edwards of Scott City; a sister, Judy (Gerard) Scherer of Benton, Missouri; and a brother, Larry Chism of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Gary Chism.
Funeral service was held Friday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau, with Brother Henry Miller officiating.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.