- Sheriff, Scott County named in discrimination lawsuit by deputy (9/22/18)3
- Krispy Kreme franchise owner fills in holes of rumors regarding location, employment (9/19/18)1
- The message to the President I would have given (9/12/18)13
- Sugarfire Smoke House opens in Cape (9/20/18)
- Multiple-vehicle wreck Saturday on Interstate 55 (9/17/18)2
- Large crowd turns out at Cape city council meeting to contest developer (9/21/18)3
- Cape experiencing a mid-town rebirth in commercial business areas (9/22/18)3
- Business Notebook: Women Auto Know: Amy Ybarra of GearHeads Auto Repair talks shop to educate, empower women (9/17/18)
- The 41st annual River Tales Classic Car Show revs up downtown Cape Girardeau (9/17/18)
Spirit of America donation
Editor's note: Pete Poe was recognized in 2017 as the Southeast Missourian Spirit of America award. Nominations for the 2018 Spirit of America Award continue through Thursday, June 21.
We are so honored to have received the gift of $500 from the Southeast Missourian as the designated charity for the Spirit of America award to Mr. Pete Poe. [Editor's note: Another $500 was donated to Saint Francis Foundation on behalf of Poe through the Spirit of American Award.]
Pete truly embodies that spirit and has demonstrated it throughout his life. We are so proud of Pete. We are also very grateful to the Southeast Missourian for implementing and continuing this meaningful tribute to our great country and the people who make it so great.
On behalf of Community Counseling Center and those that we serve -- we thank you for this kind and generous act of caring.
MARY E. BURTON, CFRE, executive director, Community Counseling Center