- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
Eva Marie Thiele, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, June 5, 2018, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Sept. 30, 1932, in Egypt Mills to Clarence Luther Dewrock and Ethel Emma Wright. She and Kenneth Spradling were married at Cape Girardeau in 1956. She and Julius Thiele were married at Cape Girardeau in 1967. They both preceded her in death.
Eva's life was devoted to all of her family.
Survivors include four daughters, Barbara (Gary) Robertson of McClure, Illinois, Jeannie (Steve) Davie of Cape Girardeau, Sheila Gettings of Springfield, Missouri, and Peggy Copeland of Cape Girardeau; a son, Kenneth Joseph Spradling of Jackson; a sister, Peggy Moore of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Bill (Judy) Dewrock of Flint, Michigan, and Cletus (Charlotte) Winchester of Cape Girardeau; nine grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husbands; a son, Rocky Joe Dewrock; two brothers; six sisters; and one grandchild.
Visitation will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
Funeral will follow at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be at Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.