- Authorities: Infant left in car, dies in Cape Girardeau County (8/13/18)
- Oran police chief spanked boy; MSHP filed assault report; no charges followed (8/9/18)11
- Highway patrol finds missing video sought by defense in Sikeston murder case (8/11/18)1
- Federal program to provide free meals for all Cape district students for 4 years (8/7/18)5
- Vote 'no' on Prop A (8/2/18)
- Cape County voters pick Welker, Miller, Tracy, Hovis in Tuesday primaries (8/8/18)
- SEMO native gets Bootheel clicking (8/9/18)
- Missouri voters reject law banning compulsory union fees (8/8/18)19
- A new sheriff in town: Ruth Ann Dickerson takes over in interim role (8/14/18)1
- Prop A draws 'no' votes from area Republicans (8/13/18)17
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Dorarena J. Shelton, 53, of Marble Hill and formerly of Olive Branch, Illinois, passed away Tuesday, May 15, 2018, at her home.
Dorarena was born Dec. 13, 1964, in Altus, Oklahoma, daughter of the late George and Barbara McKee Storm.
Dorarena was a housewife and homemaker.
Survivors include her husband, Brian Shelton of Marble Hill; three sons, Aaron Storm of East Prairie, Missouri, Gage Shelton of Cape Girardeau and Gunner Shelton of East Cape Girardeau, Illinois; a daughter, Destany Hale of Cape Girardeau; three brothers, Dalton Mathis of Cobden, Illinois, Tony Mathis of Olive Branch and Rob Johnson; a sister, Teresa Struble; three grandchildren, Cadence Borafield and Damion and Gabriel Hale; mother-in-law, Sharon Burpole of East Cape Girardeau; father-in-law, Bill Shelton of Cape Girardeau; and nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Illinois.
Funeral will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with Brother Curt Alderson officiating. Interment will follow in the Rose Hill Cemetery in Thebes, Illinois.
To leave online condolences visit www.jones-funeral.com.