- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- Southeast art students contribute mural to Stevie's Steakburger (7/9/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)33
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
Jordan receives deserved nomination from President Trump
John Jordan has had a long, successful run as sheriff.
He has served 23 years, longer than anyone else who has held that office.
Last week, it was announced Jordan has been nominated to fill the role of U.S. marshal for the federal Eastern District of Missouri.
Jordan must be confirmed by the Senate.
The sheriff called it an “honor” to be nominated by the president for the role. The marshal, Jordan explained, administers the marshal service throughout the eastern half of Missouri, from the Iowa to Arkansas borders. It’s a big responsibility.
Before being elected, Jordan served in roles as investigator, sergeant and lieutenant. He was first elected in 1994, and has earned many accolades over the years. He was named the president of the Missouri Sheriff’s Association in 2011.
Jordan has had a strong tenure in local law enforcement, and we congratulate him on this nomination.