- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Cape blessed with new facilities
Within the past year, our Cape Girardeau community has witnessed very remarkable events that few communities our size have probably ever witnessed.
* On April 14, 2017 we had the blessing and unveiling of six new state-of-the-art fire trucks.
* On Dec. 1, 2017 we had the dedication of our new state of the art Fire Station No. 4 and also the dedication of the new Annex Building at Fire Station No. 2.
On March 2 we had the ribbon cutting ceremony for our new state-of-the-art police department building and adjoining municipal courtroom.
God has blessed Cape Girardeau with all these wonderful additions to provide optimum emergency, protective services for those in Cape and our surrounding area.
We thank God for the vision, character, commitment, chemistry, communication and co-operation of our city leaders, our fire chief Rick Ennis and police chief Wes Blair, our professional, well trained and dedicated firefighters and law enforcement men and women, our civilian support staff and the citizens of our community who have made these magnificent additions possible.
Our new police headquarters and Fire Station No. 4 are awesome. They are outstanding. They were well planned. They are built to serve us for years to come. You and I are blessed to live in the Cape community. Thank God today for these blessings. Ask God to bless all those who serve us so well in Cape. Continue to provide Cape with your whole-hearted support. What a great past year for Cape!
DAVID V. DISSEN, pastor emeritus, Trinity Lutheran Church, Cape Girardeau