- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)4
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Members of the Brain Injury & Stroke Resource group delivered Valentine cards to patients at various establishments Saturday February 10 and Monday February 12.
They started their journey of showing a little kindness to the residence at Heartland Care and Rehab off Boutin Road Saturday afternoon. There they handed out approximately 70 Homemade Valentines. Then they were off to the Lutheran Home Independent West living where they handed out around 50 Valentines to the residents there.
The group had planned on going to the hospitals the following Sunday but do to icy roads had postponed it until Monday afternoon on February 12. Their first stop was Saint Francis Medical Center on the rehab floor for Stroke patients. As they meandered around the hall and handing out Valentines they came across smiles and thank yous. After this they were off to Southeast Hospital to the rehab floor for strokes there also. Handing out Valentines to all the patients there. At both hospitals they handed out approximately 45 cards.
As they ended their rounds they decided to show a little appreciation to the Veterans and headed out towards the Missouri Veterans Home. They were greeted with smiles and thank yous again. It was a pleasure to give a little back for what all they had given to us all.
Thank you Kim and Jeff Harms, Kristen Friedrick, Elizabeth Schott and Marilyn Schott for your time and dedication to the group.