- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Positive airport experience
Per Jon Rust's column, Dec. 20, 2017, I just arrived home from a round trip to Chicago from Cape Girardeau. I absolutely love this flight.
It takes less than an hour and one half to get there (and only 45 minutes by auto from the airport to my daughter's home). I flew back in with a daughter of a friend who was also on her first flight from Chicago. She smiled with delight at the "coziness" of our airport. Don't you just love Cape Girardeau?
Happy New Year! Thank you to the Southeast Missourian for all you do for our beautiful city!
NONA NAN CHAPMAN, Cape Girardeau