- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
Positive airport experience
Per Jon Rust's column, Dec. 20, 2017, I just arrived home from a round trip to Chicago from Cape Girardeau. I absolutely love this flight.
It takes less than an hour and one half to get there (and only 45 minutes by auto from the airport to my daughter's home). I flew back in with a daughter of a friend who was also on her first flight from Chicago. She smiled with delight at the "coziness" of our airport. Don't you just love Cape Girardeau?
Happy New Year! Thank you to the Southeast Missourian for all you do for our beautiful city!
NONA NAN CHAPMAN, Cape Girardeau