- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- Southeast art students contribute mural to Stevie's Steakburger (7/9/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)33
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
A Hallmark Movie Moment
As this year comes to an end, the memories of December 13th will remain in my heart.
This is the third year that the Alpha Psi Chaper Of Gamma Gamma Sigma have helped make Caramels For A Cause a success!
Each week, between October and the first week in December, four to six girls come to help cut and wrap thousands of homemade buttery caramels.
100% of the proceeds are donated to the Dig For Life Campaign at St. Francis Medical Center.
It was a record breaking year, and it wouldn’t be possible
without these dedicated university students.
When the donations were presented, and photos taken, a woman walked up to me to say she’d like to honor her sister-in-law who recently completed radiation for breast cancer. She then said she’d like to round up that big check to $5,000 and who did she need to write the check to!
An unforgettable Hallmark movie moment!
Anna is one of the Gamma Sigs has been a part of caramel wrapping for three years. It was her mother who recently completed radiation, and her aunt that wrote the check.