- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
A Hallmark Movie Moment
As this year comes to an end, the memories of December 13th will remain in my heart.
This is the third year that the Alpha Psi Chaper Of Gamma Gamma Sigma have helped make Caramels For A Cause a success!
Each week, between October and the first week in December, four to six girls come to help cut and wrap thousands of homemade buttery caramels.
100% of the proceeds are donated to the Dig For Life Campaign at St. Francis Medical Center.
It was a record breaking year, and it wouldn’t be possible
without these dedicated university students.
When the donations were presented, and photos taken, a woman walked up to me to say she’d like to honor her sister-in-law who recently completed radiation for breast cancer. She then said she’d like to round up that big check to $5,000 and who did she need to write the check to!
An unforgettable Hallmark movie moment!
Anna is one of the Gamma Sigs has been a part of caramel wrapping for three years. It was her mother who recently completed radiation, and her aunt that wrote the check.