- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
Blue Angels return to Cape for May 2019 air show
The Blue Angels will return to town May 2019 to perform their signature airborne stunts at the Cape Girardeau Regional Air Festival.
The U.S. Navy’s prestigious demonstration squadron is scheduled to spend two days of their nationwide tour at Cape Girardeau Regional Airport on May 18 and 19, 2019, according to their online schedule.
The flight demonstration, most recently held in Cape Girardeau in 2010, is meant to “showcase the professionalism, excellence and teamwork found in all Navy and Marine Corps units, as well as provide the thrill and magic of flight to people each year,” according to the Blue Angels’ official website.
A total of 17 officers make up the elite team of veteran pilots, each typically serving with the Blue Angels for two years, then returning to the fleet to continue their naval careers. The pilots currently fly F/A-18 Hornet fighter jets.
Their 2019 tour will mark their 73rd season in the skies. Since 1946, the team has flown for more than 450 million spectators worldwide.
Pertinent address: 860 Limbaugh Drive, Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701