- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- 'All Nite Skate' filming in Jackson this weekend (6/8/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Hubbard Family Lights
Dear Southeast Missourian,
I am writing this letter to suggest to you a creative story idea for families. During this holiday season, the Hubbard family is currently putting on a festive, musical light show that supports our local community at their home address (1565 Jennifer Dr Jackson, Missouri). Anyone can tune their car radio to 92.1FM and enjoy listening to delightful Christmas music that is synced with their light display. The show runs from 6:00pm to 10:30pm nightly through New Years. They have spent a considerable amount of time and money to give others an opportunity to financially support a nonprofit organization known as CarePortal. All proceeds go directly to CarePortal; a donation box is located in the front of their unique display. More details can be found on their facebook page.
CarePortal brings the needs of hurting children and families in your community to your attention. Child welfare workers uncover the needs. CarePortal makes local churches aware, giving them a real-time opportunity to respond.
I believe this story will bring much holiday cheer to families in our the area. Please consider.