- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
HDSA Holds 10th Annual Christmas Party
On Saturday, December 2nd, Heartland Down Syndrome Association hosted its 10th Annual Christmas Party in Cape Girardeau. Nearly 70 people, representing 13 families, were in attendance. Santa flew in for a visit from the North Pole to distribute gifts to the children.
Founded in 2006,Heartland Down Syndrome Association hosts several fun family activities throughout the year, as well as educational events to increase awareness, understanding, and acceptance of individuals with Down syndrome. Anyone having a family member of any age with Down syndrome is invited to learn more about the organization. Heartland Down Syndrome Association is a community group of the Down Syndrome Association of Greater St Louis. To learn more about HDSA, email email@example.com or check out the group's Facebook page at Facebook.com/HeartlandDSA.