- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
HDSA Holds 10th Annual Christmas Party
On Saturday, December 2nd, Heartland Down Syndrome Association hosted its 10th Annual Christmas Party in Cape Girardeau. Nearly 70 people, representing 13 families, were in attendance. Santa flew in for a visit from the North Pole to distribute gifts to the children.
Founded in 2006,Heartland Down Syndrome Association hosts several fun family activities throughout the year, as well as educational events to increase awareness, understanding, and acceptance of individuals with Down syndrome. Anyone having a family member of any age with Down syndrome is invited to learn more about the organization. Heartland Down Syndrome Association is a community group of the Down Syndrome Association of Greater St Louis. To learn more about HDSA, email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the group's Facebook page at Facebook.com/HeartlandDSA.