- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
- Business Notebook: A flexible future: Yoga East Healing Arts Studio has a new owner in Sue Greenwood (7/9/18)
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)35
Lisa Boyd's Groundbreaking Ceremony
December 1st of 2017, the Cape Area Habitat for Humanity was finally ready to break ground at the future house site of Lisa Boyd.
The groundbreaking began at 12 p.m. at the lot located at James street in Jackson. Many people from community joined the groundbreaking.
After a long wait, involving a tremendous community effort to help raise funds, the event commenced. The Boyd family broke ground, smiles of anticipation of the future adorned their faces. Applauses could resounded in congratulations.