- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
- Business Notebook: A flexible future: Yoga East Healing Arts Studio has a new owner in Sue Greenwood (7/9/18)
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)34
Young Americans 4-H Club Meeting November 16, 2017
Young Americans 4-H Club
November 16, 2017
Young Americans 4-H Club held their November meeting at Grace United Methodist Church with eight members, thirteen leaders, and five guests present. The evening began with the yearly Thanksgiving dinner for the members and their families. Ham was provided by the club and each family brought a covered dish. After the meal, President Anthony Strack presided at the meeting.
There was discussion about the end-of-the-year Recognition Banquet which was held November 4, 2017 in Jackson, Missouri. Awards presented to our club members and leaders include:
1. “I Tried the Hardest Award” – this award sponsored by Greg and
Linda Illers was presented to Dallas Otto.
2. “Marjorie Swan New Leader Award” – this award sponsored by
Marjorie Swan was presented to Debbie Deevers.
3. “Outstanding Jr. Leader Award” – this award was presented to
4. “Outstanding 2017 4-Her for Report Form” – this award was
presented to Lauren McClanahan.
1. Lauren McClanahan: 5 year pin
2. Alex Eftink: 10 year pin
3. Belinda Strack: 11 year pin
1. Julie Eftink: 10 year pin
2. Keith Eftink: 10 year pin
3. Lanny Schweer: 15 year pin
4. Dortha Strack: 55 year pin
Other topics of discussion during the meeting included:
1. SEMO Fair awards and money were distributed.
2. The December 4-H meeting was changed from the third Thursday to
the second Thursday – December 14. Each member is asked to
bring five cans of non-perishable food items to the December
meeting. The donations will be delivered to a local food
3. Christmas display at Cape County Park needs to be put up;
additional lights need to be added.
Ben and Eli Braden provided the club with a game. Anthony asked for a motion to end the meeting. Mateo Haywood made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Ben Braden seconded the motion. Motion accepted and carried.
Next meeting is Thursday, December 14.
Clayton Kirchdoerfer, Young Americans Club Reporter