- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
Scouting for Food pickup is Saturday
On Saturday, area Boy Scouts will be picking up the blue bags distributed to homes last weekend.
Scouting for Food is an effort to help stock local food pantries before the holidays, said district executive for the Boy Scouts Ashley Duerst.
Residents should have bags with items on their doorsteps by 9 a.m. Saturday, Duerst said.
Bags may also be dropped off at Goodwill or at the Boy Scout office, 3000 Gordonville Road in Cape Girardeau.
Items especially needed are boxed instant potatoes and pasta, canned goods including meat, vegetables, fruit, soup, beef stew, chili, beans, fish and peanut butter, Duerst said.