- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)11
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)2
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Scouting for Food pickup is Saturday
On Saturday, area Boy Scouts will be picking up the blue bags distributed to homes last weekend.
Scouting for Food is an effort to help stock local food pantries before the holidays, said district executive for the Boy Scouts Ashley Duerst.
Residents should have bags with items on their doorsteps by 9 a.m. Saturday, Duerst said.
Bags may also be dropped off at Goodwill or at the Boy Scout office, 3000 Gordonville Road in Cape Girardeau.
Items especially needed are boxed instant potatoes and pasta, canned goods including meat, vegetables, fruit, soup, beef stew, chili, beans, fish and peanut butter, Duerst said.