- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Search reveals body in lake near Poplar Bluff; foul play suspected (11/12/17)
Cape Girardeau fire report 11/15/17
The Cape Girardeau Fire Department responded to the following calls:
* Medical assists were made at 9:20 a.m. on Themis Street; 12:23 p.m. on Dorothy Street; 3:15 p.m. on South Kingshighway; 3:26 p.m. on Linden Street; 6:08 p.m. on Independence Street; and 6:26 p.m. on Linden Street.
* At 9:53 a.m., emergency medical service, excluding vehicle accident, on Caruthers Avenue.
* At 10:55 a.m., alarm-system activation, no fire, on South Pacific Street.
* At 11:43 a.m., motor-vehicle accident, with injuries, on Interstate 55.
* At 4:22 p.m., alarm system sounded on William Street.
* At 5 p.m., false alarm or false call on South Kingshighway.
* At 5:18 p.m., smoke or odor investigation on Village Drive.
* At 7:18 p.m., assist invalid on Linden Street.
* At 8:03 p.m., dispatched and canceled en route to Franks Lane.
* Medical assists were made at 1:22 a.m. on Huntington Drive; 6:47 a.m. on centennial Drive; 8:16 a.m. on Linden Street; 8:43 a.m. on Clark Avenue; 9:09 a.m. on Dearmont Court; 11:12 a.m. on Clark Avenue; 4:51 p.m. on South West End Boulevard; 8:02 p.m. Cape Meadows Circle; and 10:39 p.m. on South Middle Street.
* At 6:15 a.m., a call on Clark Avenue.
* At 11:44 a.m., motor-vehicle accident, with injuries, on Interstate 55.
* At 5:30 p.m., motor-vehicle accident, with injuries, on Independence Street.