- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)4
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Opinion page was golden
The Opinion page of Tuesday, November 7 past, is truly solid and pure gold.
No. 1: The editorial regarding Peter Kinder's accomplishments was truly refreshing. We encourage his keeping up the good work.
No. 2: The massacre of abortion letter to the editor by David McNeely of Scott City "drove the nail" through and clinched it on the other side.
No. 3: Health care for veterans by David Larson of Jackson tells a very sad but all too true story of our veterans health care situation. As a WWII veteran, I truly pray to never have to be in their care.
No. 4: As always, the article by Adrienne Ross was superb, well written, and so true regarding our situation in America today.
No. 5: And finally, the article reprint of the Wall Street Journal was equally worthy of reading.
GERALD E. McCLOUD, Perryville, Mo.