- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Rep. Swan opposes effort to fire education commissioner (11/20/17)2
Opinion page was golden
The Opinion page of Tuesday, November 7 past, is truly solid and pure gold.
No. 1: The editorial regarding Peter Kinder's accomplishments was truly refreshing. We encourage his keeping up the good work.
No. 2: The massacre of abortion letter to the editor by David McNeely of Scott City "drove the nail" through and clinched it on the other side.
No. 3: Health care for veterans by David Larson of Jackson tells a very sad but all too true story of our veterans health care situation. As a WWII veteran, I truly pray to never have to be in their care.
No. 4: As always, the article by Adrienne Ross was superb, well written, and so true regarding our situation in America today.
No. 5: And finally, the article reprint of the Wall Street Journal was equally worthy of reading.
GERALD E. McCLOUD, Perryville, Mo.