- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Cape Girardeau County 4-Hers Competes in State Public Speaking Contest
Adam Koenig and Samuel Koenig, Cape Girardeau County 4-Hers, participated in the State 4-H Public Speaking Contest on September 30, at the University of Missouri campus in Columbia. Adam was a semifinalist in the senior division extemporaneous speech. Samuel participated in the prepared speech contest with his speech titled “Pork Production Sustainability.”
Categories were prepared speech, extemporaneous speaking, technology assisted, dramatic and humorous interpretation. The three age divisions were juniors (ages 8-10), intermediate (ages 11-13) and senior (age 14 and over).
Missouri 4-H is a community of over 300,000 youth ages 5-18 from rural farming communities, suburban schoolyards, and urban neighborhoods. 4-H youth are learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills, guided by over 10,000 caring adult volunteers statewide. University of Missouri Extension 4-H is the youth development program of the nation’s Cooperative Extension system. New members and volunteers are always welcome.