- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)3
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Senior Center menus for Oct. 23 through 27, 2017
Cape Girardeau/Scott City
Monday: Beefy soft taco or Chicken southwest soup, seasoned black beans, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes, tortilla chips and citrus fruit salad or cinnamon streusel cake.
Tuesday: Oven-fried chicken or Polish sausage and sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, California-blend veggies, whole-grain hot roll and mixed fruit dessert or coconut cream pie.
Wednesday: Pork roast or vegetable beef soup and 1/2 sandwich, scalloped potatoes, steam broccoli, whole-grain hot bread and hot apples with raisins or German chocolate cake.
Thursday: Chicken and dumplings or bell pepper steak, coleslaw, buttered corn, whole-grain hot roll, chilled pears or cranberry crisp.
Friday: Beef stew or fried or baked fish, seasoned cabbage, cornbread, whole-grain crackers/hush puppies and Mandarin oranges or sherbet.
Monday: Chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and gravy, sliced carrots, biscuit and fruit or apple pecan cake.
Tuesday: Swiss steak, mashed potatoes, Tuscan vegetables, hot roll and pear crisp.
Wednesday: Chicken and dressing, green beans, yam patties, hot roll and fruit or pumpkin bar.
Thursday: Meatloaf, parsley potatoes, seasoned broccoli, hot roll and fruit or dixie pie.
Friday: Salmon patties, spinach bake, country potatoes, bread and fruit or peach cobbler dump cake.
Monday: Fried chicken tenders or taco salad, zucchini and tomatoes, seasoned peas, whole-grain roll or tortilla chips and rosy fruit cocktail.
Tuesday: Meatloaf or roast beef au jus, baby baker potatoes, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce, whole-grain roll and pears or cream pie.
Wednesday: Sliced turkey or sliced ham, dressing, buttered corn, seasoned green beans and sliced apples or apple crisp.
Thursday: Kettle beef or breaded pork chop, beef gravy, buttered mashed potatoes, buttered peas and carrots, whole-grain roll and cantaloupe.
Friday: Fried or baked fish or barbecued pulled pork, potato salad, picked beets, whole-grain roll or cornbread and pineapple tidbits with coconut or assorted cookies.