- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Anna Pauline "Polly" Weschke, 94, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Oct. 6, 2017, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
Polly was born May 6, 1923, in Kentucky to Joseph and Suzie Kohn Martin.
She married Cleo "Skip" Weschke Aug. 16, 1952, in Toledo, Ohio. Skip passed away June 22, 2009.
Polly was a member of St. Andrew Lutheran Church.
Survivors include a son, Charles W. (Suzanne) Weschke of Fenton, Missouri; three grandchildren, Kassandra (Chris) Fey, Jacob Weschke and Lauren Weschke; and three great-grandchildren, Ariana Weschke, Adelaide Fey and Henrik Fey.
Polly was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a daughter, Cynthia A. Weschke; four brothers; and three sisters.
Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Shepherd Hills Cemetery in Barnhart, Missouri.
Memorial contributions may be given to St. Andrew Lutheran Church, 804 N. Cape Rock Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.