- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Rep. Swan opposes effort to fire education commissioner (11/20/17)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Audrey Renee Burger, 62, of Perryville died Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017, at Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville.
She was born March 18, 1955, in Perryville to the late Jules "Bomber" and Elnora (Denninger) Brown.
She married Philip Burger Oct. 10, 2005.
Audrey graduated from Southern Illinois University with a master's degree in social work. She was the director of the Community Counseling Center in Perryville.
She was active in the community, especially as a passionate advocate for suicide and crisis prevention and the Crisis Intervention Team. Audrey was also a member of the Eagles and Elks lodges.
Audrey is survived by her husband, Philip Burger, of Perryville; a stepdaughter, Susan (Jason) Hamlin of St. Peters, Missouri; a nephew, Jason (Becky) Brown of Conway, Arkansas; a niece, Amanda (Brent) Jones of Benton, Arkansas; grandchildren, Gabe and Braeden Hamlin; and grand-nephews, Jake Brown and Jaxon, Jace and Jett Jones.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her brother, Thomas Brown.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday at Basler Funeral Home in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Burial will be at St. Mary Cemetery in St. Mary, Missouri.
Memorial contributions may be made to Community Counseling Center for Suicide and Awareness Prevention Conference, 402 S. Silver Springs Road, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.
Online condolences can be left at www.baslerfuneralhome.com.