- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Halloween House Games
Friday, October 6, was time for fun with house games again at Guardian Angel School in Oran, MO. The theme for the games was Halloween. Game one was Spider Races. The members had to blow a spider ring across a table. The fastest team to achieve all 4 members doing this first was the winner. Game two was Harvest Chop Chop. The students used chop sticks to move candy corn from bowl to bowl, trying to get the most moved. One team beat another for 1st by only 1 piece of candy corn. Pumpkin Tennis was harder than it looked. A wadded piece of paper had to be tossed and caught until the student could drop it into a pumpkin bowl. If it was dropped earlier, the member had to return to start over. Vampire Bite required putting vampire teeth in your mouth and then transferring a marshmallow by mouth to the other end of a table.
St. Michael's group was the over all winner.