- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
Halloween House Games
Friday, October 6, was time for fun with house games again at Guardian Angel School in Oran, MO. The theme for the games was Halloween. Game one was Spider Races. The members had to blow a spider ring across a table. The fastest team to achieve all 4 members doing this first was the winner. Game two was Harvest Chop Chop. The students used chop sticks to move candy corn from bowl to bowl, trying to get the most moved. One team beat another for 1st by only 1 piece of candy corn. Pumpkin Tennis was harder than it looked. A wadded piece of paper had to be tossed and caught until the student could drop it into a pumpkin bowl. If it was dropped earlier, the member had to return to start over. Vampire Bite required putting vampire teeth in your mouth and then transferring a marshmallow by mouth to the other end of a table.
St. Michael's group was the over all winner.