- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Paul H. Ringwald, 91, of Jackson passed away Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017, at Monticello House.
He was born Sept. 27, 1926, in Cape Girardeau to Martin P. and Leona H. Shearf Ringwald. He and Verna Crites were married April 14, 1951, in Delta.
Paul worked 37 years at the former Superior Electric in Cape Girardeau and 14 years in housekeeping at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
Paul attended First Baptist Church in Jackson many years.
Loving survivors include his wife of 66 years, Verna of Jackson; five children, Sharon (Bob) Reed of Gordonville, Brenda (Ken) Phelps, David (Donna) Ringwald, Ruth (Don) Seabaugh and Harold (Kathy) Ringwald, all of Jackson; 10 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two siblings, Marie (Fred) Ruble and Dan Ringwald.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Stephen Seaford officiating. Burial will follow at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to First Baptist Church in Jackson.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.