- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Thomas Michael Jorgensen, 73, of Cape Girardeau passed away Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017, at his home.
He was born Aug. 14, 1944, in Storm Lake, Iowa, to Arnoiot Grumstrup and Margaret Jensen Jorgensen. He and Julia Howes were married Nov. 24, 1989, at Cape Girardeau.
He served in the Air Force in the Philippines and graduated from Southeast Missouri State University. He worked as a counselor at the Delta Medical Center in Cairo, Illinois, from which he retired.
He was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife, Julia; three children, Rachel Margaret Jorgensen of Washington, D.C., Stan (Jennifer) Clark of Houston and Margaret (Dave) Parker of Denver; two sisters, Pat (Carroll) Cathey of St. Joseph, Missouri, and Julie Fields of Morton, Illinois; three grandchildren, Elijah Clark, Nora Clark and Elodie Parker; and his mother-in-law, Louise Howes of Cape Girardeau.
Visitation will be from 9:30 until 11 a.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral service will follow at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. A private burial will take place at a later date at Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Parkinson's Foundation.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.