- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 9/18/17
Cape Girardeau City Council
401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Items for discussion
* Planning and Zoning Commission report
* Appearances regarding items not on the agenda
* Agenda review
Regular session, 7 p.m.
* Children's artwork presentation
* Acknowledgment of rescue team deployed in response to Hurricane Harvey
* An ordinance vacating a portion of Amethyst Street right of way between North Middle Street and North Fountain Street
* A resolution to execute a development agreement with Alliant Development LLC for the purpose of rehabilitating properties at 631, 633 and 635 Good Hope St.
* A resolution to execute a contract with Horner & Shifrin Inc. for capital-improvement water systems projects
* A resolution to execute an agreement with Thomas Industrial Coatings Inc. for the Southern Expressway and Lynwood Hills bridges repair project
* A resolution to execute a license and indemnity agreement with Grace Works LLC for installation of an awning at 135 N. Main St.
* A resolution acknowledging receipt of an annexation petition from the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexation
* Accept improvements and authorize final payment to Penzel Construction Co. Inc. for the construction of fire station No. 2 annex
* Accept improvements and authorize final payment to Eastern Missouri Industries Inc. for the fiber-optic line to serve the indoor sports complex
* Accept improvements and authorize final payment to Penzel Construction Co. Inc. for the indoor sports complex
* An ordinance amending city code regarding shipping containers
* An ordinance amending city code relating to the golf course advisory board
* An ordinance repealing Ordinance No. 4996 and approving the record plat of Route K North Third Subdivision
* Appointments to the golf course advisory board
* Appointment to the tree board
401 Independence St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.