- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)5
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Peters receives University of Missouri Cape Girardeau County Extension Scholarship
The University of Missouri Cape Girardeau County Extension Council is pleased to award Renee Peters their annual scholarship. Peters is a sophomore at Southeast Missouri State University studying Business Administration with an agriculture minor. She is a 2016 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. Peters received a cash scholarship of $250. Cape Girardeau County Extension has a gift and endowment fund held at the University of Missouri-Columbia. The interest from this fund is used for the annual scholarship.
Cape Girardeau County Extension also has a 501(c)3 Foundation set up to receive gifts at the local level. It is dedicated to sustaining and enhancing extension education by providing resources to expand educational opportunities. Gifts to both funds are being accepted and are tax deductible. For more information, contact the Cape Girardeau County University of Missouri Extension office at 573-243-3581.