- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Peters receives University of Missouri Cape Girardeau County Extension Scholarship
The University of Missouri Cape Girardeau County Extension Council is pleased to award Renee Peters their annual scholarship. Peters is a sophomore at Southeast Missouri State University studying Business Administration with an agriculture minor. She is a 2016 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. Peters received a cash scholarship of $250. Cape Girardeau County Extension has a gift and endowment fund held at the University of Missouri-Columbia. The interest from this fund is used for the annual scholarship.
Cape Girardeau County Extension also has a 501(c)3 Foundation set up to receive gifts at the local level. It is dedicated to sustaining and enhancing extension education by providing resources to expand educational opportunities. Gifts to both funds are being accepted and are tax deductible. For more information, contact the Cape Girardeau County University of Missouri Extension office at 573-243-3581.