- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Peters receives University of Missouri Cape Girardeau County Extension Scholarship
The University of Missouri Cape Girardeau County Extension Council is pleased to award Renee Peters their annual scholarship. Peters is a sophomore at Southeast Missouri State University studying Business Administration with an agriculture minor. She is a 2016 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. Peters received a cash scholarship of $250. Cape Girardeau County Extension has a gift and endowment fund held at the University of Missouri-Columbia. The interest from this fund is used for the annual scholarship.
Cape Girardeau County Extension also has a 501(c)3 Foundation set up to receive gifts at the local level. It is dedicated to sustaining and enhancing extension education by providing resources to expand educational opportunities. Gifts to both funds are being accepted and are tax deductible. For more information, contact the Cape Girardeau County University of Missouri Extension office at 573-243-3581.