- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Peters receives University of Missouri Cape Girardeau County Extension Scholarship
The University of Missouri Cape Girardeau County Extension Council is pleased to award Renee Peters their annual scholarship. Peters is a sophomore at Southeast Missouri State University studying Business Administration with an agriculture minor. She is a 2016 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School. Peters received a cash scholarship of $250. Cape Girardeau County Extension has a gift and endowment fund held at the University of Missouri-Columbia. The interest from this fund is used for the annual scholarship.
Cape Girardeau County Extension also has a 501(c)3 Foundation set up to receive gifts at the local level. It is dedicated to sustaining and enhancing extension education by providing resources to expand educational opportunities. Gifts to both funds are being accepted and are tax deductible. For more information, contact the Cape Girardeau County University of Missouri Extension office at 573-243-3581.