- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Guardian Angel School Holds House Game Competitiion
Getting to go outside during school is always fun. Add to it house games, and you have loads of wet fun. On Wednesday, September 6, Guardian Angel School, Oran, had their first angel house game competition.
Being a beautiful day in September, Mrs. Kluesner planned for the games to be water games held outside. The first game was Wacky Relay, where 6 members of each house participated. Two members carried water balloons, by using their forearms, from point A to point B. At point B, the balloon was handed to 2 more members who carried the balloon back to point A and then 2 more members carried the balloon back to point B. If the balloon was dropped, they could pick it up and continue on. If the balloon burst, they went back to the beginning and started with a new balloon.
Game 2 was Water Balloon Towel Toss. This game involved 4 members. Two members held a towel while the other 2 members tossed a water balloon from their towel to the other towel. Three balloons had to be tossed without the balloon breaking.
The third game was Pass the Water. Six members stood in a line. The first person filled a cup with water from a bucket, poured the water into the cup behind, and continued until all 5 poured water into a cup behind them, where the last person had to pour water into an empty bucket. This entire time, everyone had to be facing forward. The team with the fullest bucket won.
The last game was Crab Crawl Relay. Four members were required. The first person did a crab crawl from point A to point B, high fived the second member, who then crab crawled to point A, etc. The 4 winners of this game got to throw water balloons (which they very much enjoyed) at the principal.
The overall winner of the 4 games was St. Raphael's house, followed by St. Michael, St. Uriel, & St. Gabriel. Congratulations to the houses! We all look forward to the house games in October.