- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)7
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
Guardian Angel School Holds House Game Competitiion
Getting to go outside during school is always fun. Add to it house games, and you have loads of wet fun. On Wednesday, September 6, Guardian Angel School, Oran, had their first angel house game competition.
Being a beautiful day in September, Mrs. Kluesner planned for the games to be water games held outside. The first game was Wacky Relay, where 6 members of each house participated. Two members carried water balloons, by using their forearms, from point A to point B. At point B, the balloon was handed to 2 more members who carried the balloon back to point A and then 2 more members carried the balloon back to point B. If the balloon was dropped, they could pick it up and continue on. If the balloon burst, they went back to the beginning and started with a new balloon.
Game 2 was Water Balloon Towel Toss. This game involved 4 members. Two members held a towel while the other 2 members tossed a water balloon from their towel to the other towel. Three balloons had to be tossed without the balloon breaking.
The third game was Pass the Water. Six members stood in a line. The first person filled a cup with water from a bucket, poured the water into the cup behind, and continued until all 5 poured water into a cup behind them, where the last person had to pour water into an empty bucket. This entire time, everyone had to be facing forward. The team with the fullest bucket won.
The last game was Crab Crawl Relay. Four members were required. The first person did a crab crawl from point A to point B, high fived the second member, who then crab crawled to point A, etc. The 4 winners of this game got to throw water balloons (which they very much enjoyed) at the principal.
The overall winner of the 4 games was St. Raphael's house, followed by St. Michael, St. Uriel, & St. Gabriel. Congratulations to the houses! We all look forward to the house games in October.