- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Drury development to hold ribbon cutting today
This morning, a ribbon cutting will be held for the newly constructed Drury Plaza Hotel and Conference Center.
The development adds the latest jewel to the area. The Drury organization has made major financial commitments to dramatically enhance the location, which formerly was the location of the Drury Lodge. The project had a cost of approximately $40 million. The conference center portion, about $11 million, was a public-private partnership with funds from hotel owners in the William Street and I-55 area, the city of Cape Girardeau and Drury Southwest. The convention center long has been on the wish list for Cape Girardeau leaders, and the community should benefit from increased visits to local hotels, restaurants, retail shops and much more. The convention center is truly a “welcome” addition in every sense of the word. We salute the Drury team and other officials involved.