- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Rep. Swan opposes effort to fire education commissioner (11/20/17)2
Drury development to hold ribbon cutting today
This morning, a ribbon cutting will be held for the newly constructed Drury Plaza Hotel and Conference Center.
The development adds the latest jewel to the area. The Drury organization has made major financial commitments to dramatically enhance the location, which formerly was the location of the Drury Lodge. The project had a cost of approximately $40 million. The conference center portion, about $11 million, was a public-private partnership with funds from hotel owners in the William Street and I-55 area, the city of Cape Girardeau and Drury Southwest. The convention center long has been on the wish list for Cape Girardeau leaders, and the community should benefit from increased visits to local hotels, restaurants, retail shops and much more. The convention center is truly a “welcome” addition in every sense of the word. We salute the Drury team and other officials involved.