- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville
A Scott City motorcyclist died Saturday in a three-vehicle accident on Highway 72 west of Millersville, according to a Missouri State Highway Patrol crash report.
The report stated Shannon W. Dailey, 34, was pronounced dead at the scene by Cape Girardeau County Coroner John Clifton at 4:51 p.m. Saturday. Dailey was transported to the Cape Girardeau County morgue.
According to the report, the accident occurred about 4 p.m. when Dailey’s westbound 1987 Honda motorcycle crossed the center line and crashed into an eastbound 2011 Kia driven by Cory Esselman, 30, of Altenburg, Missouri.
Dailey was thrown from the motorcycle and struck by a westbound 2008 Ford Explorer driven by Brandi Adams of Fredericktown, Missouri, according to the report.
At the scene of the accident, the Honda’s front wheel laid on the shoulder of Highway 72, separated from the rest of the motorcycle on the opposite shoulder.
No other injuries were reported.
The report said the 1987 Honda and the 2011 Kia were totaled in the collision; the 2008 Ford was driven from the scene.
The accident temporarily reduced Highway 72 to one-lane traffic during the investigation. The highway since has been reopened.