- Architectural Digest names Cape Missouri's prettiest city (7/19/18)1
- Meat cutter's obit stokes interest, laughter (7/20/18)2
- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Cape drops charge against carGO (7/18/18)9
- Wiggans resigns; Bristow named interim superintendent at Meadow Heights (7/18/18)
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Homecomers to bring vendors, rides, dunking booth to Uptown Jackson (7/19/18)
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
Candlewood Suites honored by Department of Defense for patriotic support
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO - Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a Department of Defense office, announced that Candlewood Suites of Cape Girardeau was honored with a Patriot Award in recognition of extraordinary support of its employees serving in the National Guard and Reserves.
Cindy Modglin, General Manager of Candlewood Suites, was nominated by Evan Kolze, a Guest Service Agent, and also a Military Policeman, currently mobilized with the 1137th Military Police Company, Missouri Army National Guard.
“Cindy deserves recognition for her support of my upcoming deployment and her tireless effort in ensuring that I have the appropriate time off for my military training.” Evan said. “She always shows interest in my training, and always displays a thorough understanding of my service.”
“The Patriot Award was created by ESGR to publicly recognize individuals who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees, who like the citizen warriors before them, have answered their nation’s call to serve,” said Admiral Lee Metcalf (Retired), Missouri ESGR State Chair. “Supportive employers are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation’s Guard and Reserve units.”
As an extended stay hotel, Candlewood is a place their guest can call home away from home. They offer amenities such as kitchens in every room, an onsite convenience store, outdoor BBQ grills, outdoor hot tub, indoor pool, free onsite guest laundry, and is pet friendly. The combination of the friendly staff and variety of amenities enable their guest to feel right at home.
ESGR seeks to foster a culture in which all employers support and value the employment and military service of members of the National Guard and Reserve in the United States. Paramount to ESGR's mission is encouraging employment of Guardsmen and Reservists who bring integrity, global perspective and proven leadership to the civilian workforce. For more information about ESGR outreach programs or volunteer opportunities, call 1-800-336-4590 or visit www.ESGR.mil.