- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Speeding SUV hits incline, lands on roof of St. Louis home
ST. LOUIS -- Authorities said a speeding sport utility vehicle crashed landed on the roof of a St. Louis home after hitting an embankment and launching into the air.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported the driver was trapped in the SUV when authorities arrived Sunday afternoon. Michael Arras, the St. Louis Fire Department's deputy chief of special operations, said he never had encountered anything like this before.
Crews carefully extricated the man from the vehicle and took him to a hospital. His condition wasn't known, but fire officials said he was in and out of consciousness after the crash.
Homeowner Bruce Redding discovered the SUV on his roof when he returned home from the gym. The 66-year-old said the "good thing is" he is alive.