- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
Senior Center Menus 7-17 to 7-21
Cape Girardeau/Scott City
Monday: Sub sandwich or smothered brat, baked beans, vinegar coleslaw, whole-grain bun and sugar-free pudding with fruit or birthday cake.
Tuesday: Scrambled eggs, sausage patty, 1/2 English muffing, home fries with gravy, citrus fruit salad with bananas and bran muffin.
Wednesday: Chicken quesadilla or sloppy joes, seasoned-brown rice, corn and black beans, whole-grain tortilla or bun and tropical fruit or gelatin fruit dessert.
Thursday: Ham and beans or oven-fried chicken with potatoes, seasoned spinach, oven-roasted beets, cornbread and sugar-free apple crisp or coconut cream pie.
Friday: Cheeseburger or popcorn shrimp, tater tots, steamed broccoli, tossed garden salad and cinnamon applesauce or honey bun cake.
Monday: Ham and beans, spinach, fried okra, cornbread and fruit or granny cake.
Tuesday: Pepper steak, mashed potatoes, country vegetables, hot roll and fruit salad.
Wednesday: Spaghetti, seven-layered salad, cream corn, garlic bread and zesty pears.
Thursday: Roasted chicken, broccoli-rice casserole, hominy, hot roll and fresh fruit.
Friday: Catfish, baked beans, slaw, bread and cook's delite.
Monday: Chicken sandwich or lasagna, tossed lettuce salad, Italian-blend vegetables, garlic toast and peaches or cookies.
Tuesday: Chopped steak with mushrooms and onions or chicken lives, mashed potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, whole-grain roll and applesauce or brownies.
Wednesday: Chef salad with lettuce, ham or chicken, hard-cooked egg, cheese, veggies or ham and cheese sandwich, warm-corn salad and pineapple with coconut.
Thursday: Oven-fried chicken or roast beef au jus sandwich, potatoes, seasoned carrots, hot roll and pear crisp with high-fiber topping.
Friday: Pulled pork or fish, whole-grain bun or cornbread, potato salad, cucumber salad and mixed melons.