- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Cape's casino flourishing as it celebrates fifth year (10/22/17)4
Paula Whitley of Benton McDonalds Graduates Through Our Archways to Opprotunity Program
Since 2015, McDonald's Archways to Opportunity program has assisted employees with their high school and college tuition and for some, the opportunity to learn English through the "English Under the Arches" program. Now, two years later, the program has successfully hit a milestone of 100 diplomas earners through its Career Online High School (COHS) and the program's enrollment continues to increase.
McDonald's of Benton Missouri's first graduate, Paula Whitley received her high school diploma in May 2017 through the COHS. Whitley was committed to the program and spent countless hours a day completing the required coursework to receive her diploma.
"We're so proud of Paula and her commitment to complete her high school education through our Archways to Opportunity," said Shannon Davis, McDonald's owner/operator.
Family, friends and the Benton community celebrated her accomplishment on June 1, at the Benton McDonalds. State Senator Wayne Wallingford was in attendance and helped award diploma.