- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
Paula Whitley of Benton McDonalds Graduates Through Our Archways to Opprotunity Program
Since 2015, McDonald's Archways to Opportunity program has assisted employees with their high school and college tuition and for some, the opportunity to learn English through the "English Under the Arches" program. Now, two years later, the program has successfully hit a milestone of 100 diplomas earners through its Career Online High School (COHS) and the program's enrollment continues to increase.
McDonald's of Benton Missouri's first graduate, Paula Whitley received her high school diploma in May 2017 through the COHS. Whitley was committed to the program and spent countless hours a day completing the required coursework to receive her diploma.
"We're so proud of Paula and her commitment to complete her high school education through our Archways to Opportunity," said Shannon Davis, McDonald's owner/operator.
Family, friends and the Benton community celebrated her accomplishment on June 1, at the Benton McDonalds. State Senator Wayne Wallingford was in attendance and helped award diploma.