- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Local man accused of molesting a child
A Cape Girardeau man faces charges after police said he molested a child who was younger than 5 years old.
The Cape Girardeau Prosecuting Attorney’s Office charged Nathan B. Williams, 23, with first-degree statutory sodomy, a felony.
Deputies investigating a hotline report contacted Williams at his residence Wednesday after the 5-year-old victim mentioned the incident to an adult, according to a probable-cause statement filed in the case by Cape Girardeau County sheriff’s deputy Carrie Berry.
In a subsequent interview, Williams told investigators the incident had occurred about a year or two ago when he was home alone with the victim and another child, Berry wrote.
He described the sex act to deputies and how he told the victim not to say anything about it, according to the statement.
Williams’ bond was set at $50,000 with the condition he have no contact with the victim nor be alone with any female younger than age 17.