- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Wiles fills in as dean of business at Southeast
Southeast Missouri State University announced recently that Judy Wiles, who chairs the management and marketing department at Southeast Missouri State University, will be the interim dean of the Donald L. Harrison College of Business, beginning July 1.
The appointment came after a national search for a new dean was not successful, and after the previous interim, Gary Johnson, submitted notice of his retirement effective at the end of the fall semester. The university will continue to look for a permanent replacement for Gerald McDougall, a highly respected and beloved educator, who died unexpectedly in March and served as dean for 24 years.
Wiles is more than capable of holding down the fort. She is the chairwoman and professor for the Department of Management and Marketing at Southeast. She is also the past president of the marketing Management Association and founder and past president of the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals group. Before entering academia, she worked full time in the world of marketing communications, having managed and co-owned a regional advertising agency and promotional products firm.
We wish Wiles the best.