- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
Wiles fills in as dean of business at Southeast
Southeast Missouri State University announced recently that Judy Wiles, who chairs the management and marketing department at Southeast Missouri State University, will be the interim dean of the Donald L. Harrison College of Business, beginning July 1.
The appointment came after a national search for a new dean was not successful, and after the previous interim, Gary Johnson, submitted notice of his retirement effective at the end of the fall semester. The university will continue to look for a permanent replacement for Gerald McDougall, a highly respected and beloved educator, who died unexpectedly in March and served as dean for 24 years.
Wiles is more than capable of holding down the fort. She is the chairwoman and professor for the Department of Management and Marketing at Southeast. She is also the past president of the marketing Management Association and founder and past president of the Tri-State Advertising and Marketing Professionals group. Before entering academia, she worked full time in the world of marketing communications, having managed and co-owned a regional advertising agency and promotional products firm.
We wish Wiles the best.