- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
2017 Scholarship Winner
Noah M Pettit from Oran was presented a $600 scholarship by Missouri Heritage Mutual Insurance Company, Gordonville.
Noah a recent Notre Dame Regional High School graduate plans to attend Southeast Missouri State Regional Campus in Sikeston to work in the field of Wildlife/Conservation.
Missouri Heritage Mutual Insurance Company is one of 80 mutual insurance companies in Missouri. The company has been providing home and farm owners insurance since 1869 through 13 agents.