- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)3
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Cape homicide victim identified
Police have identified the victim of a homicide that occurred Thursday as Demetric L. Atchison, 41, of Cape Girardeau.
Police went to a report of a shooting at 12:22 p.m. Thursday at 41 N. Henderson Ave. in Cape Girardeau to find Atchison shot, according to a news release from the Cape Girardeau/Bollinger County Major Case Squad.
Atchison was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the statement.
The Major Case Squad remains activated and is investigating.
41 N. Henderson Ave., Cape Girardeau, Mo.