- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Judy Cantoni hired for Foundation office
Longtime Cape Girardeau executive manager Judy Cantoni will join the Community Foundation of the Ozarks to run its office in Cape Girardeau, which serves the eastern Missouri region.
Cantoni joined the CFO staff in March as Associate of Regional Advancement – East Region. After spending two weeks at the CFO’s main office in Springfield, Cantoni is now working at the Cape office to serve donors, nonprofit partners and volunteer board leaders for the CFO’s affiliate foundations in Cape, Perryville and Ste. Genevieve.
A native of Cape Girardeau, Cantoni has spent more than 25 years in executive management positions with cross functional experience in sales, education, finance and fundraising.
Throughout her career, Cantoni has been involved in a number of grant and fundraising initiatives. She also is an active volunteer who currently serves as president of CASA/Voices for Children. She coordinated CASA’s successful June 2016 polo match fundraising event, which doubled previous fundraising event totals.
Cantoni and her husband, Phillip, have two grown children.
She succeeds longtime banker Moe Sandfort, who opened the Cape office in 2015 with the understanding that he would plan to fully retire within a year or so.
“We were lucky to have Moe establish our base in the eastern region and now we are excited to have Judy Cantoni join our staff to support the continued development of our affiliates and explore new partnerships that demonstrate how communities are strengthened through philanthropy,” CFO President Brian Fogle said.
The Community Foundation of the Ozarks is a regional public charitable foundation with a service area covering 58 counties south of the Missouri River. The CFO includes a network of 49 regional affiliate foundations, including the Cape Area Community Foundation, the Perry County Community Foundation and the Ste. Genevieve County Community Foundation.
The CFO holds assets of $258 million as of Jan. 31, 2017 in more than 3,000 charitable funds serving donors, affiliate foundations and more than 600 nonprofit agencies and schools.
Cantoni can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org; or 573-803-1248.