- Architectural Digest names Cape Missouri's prettiest city (7/19/18)1
- Meat cutter's obit stokes interest, laughter (7/20/18)2
- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- At 80, Jane Stacy is still her father's daughter (7/21/18)
- Shipyard Music Festival aims to be 'destination event for Cape' (7/21/18)3
- Cape drops charge against carGO (7/18/18)9
- Wiggans resigns; Bristow named interim superintendent at Meadow Heights (7/18/18)
- Taste of home in Bollinger County (7/19/18)
Germany's Merkel delays White House visit due to storm
WASHINGTON -- A powerful nor'easter in the forecast has delayed a meeting between President Donald Trump and Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, until later this week.
White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said the meeting scheduled for today has been postponed until Friday because of the coming storm.
The meeting will be the first between the two leaders.
Their itinerary is set to include discussions on NATO, the Islamic State group and Ukraine's conflict, all matters that require cooperation between the U.S. and Germany, as well as a joint news conference.
A blast of late-winter weather is expected to blanket much of the Northeast this week.