- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- Brenda Delay, 65, Overland Park died Friday, Jan. 6, 2017, at her home.
Brenda was born in Cape Girardeau.
After graduating from Southeast Missouri State University, Brenda began her career as a school teacher for first- and second-graders. After moving to Kansas City, she worked for DST before joining UMB Bank for a successful 20-plus year career before retiring in 2011. While at UMB, Brenda often was referred to as the "ventilator" for her unique ability to defuse high-charged situations without being judgmental.
Her many passions included music, art, gardening and animals of all kinds. Brenda had a knack for painting antique saw blades, which adorn many homes of those she knew.
Brenda was preceded in death by her parents, Bud and Charlotte Deevers Estes.
She is survived by her soul mate of 30 years, Rick Farrell of the home; a sister, Linda (Jay) Crosnoe; niece, Michelle (Mike) Ramsey; and nephews, Landon and Layton Hahn, all of Cape Girardeau.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Porter Funeral Home, 8535 Monrovia St., Lenexa, Kansas.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society.
Condolences may be expressed at www.porterfuneralhome.com.
Arrangements by Porter Funeral Homes & Crematory; (913) 438-6444.