- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- Brenda Delay, 65, Overland Park died Friday, Jan. 6, 2017, at her home.
Brenda was born in Cape Girardeau.
After graduating from Southeast Missouri State University, Brenda began her career as a school teacher for first- and second-graders. After moving to Kansas City, she worked for DST before joining UMB Bank for a successful 20-plus year career before retiring in 2011. While at UMB, Brenda often was referred to as the "ventilator" for her unique ability to defuse high-charged situations without being judgmental.
Her many passions included music, art, gardening and animals of all kinds. Brenda had a knack for painting antique saw blades, which adorn many homes of those she knew.
Brenda was preceded in death by her parents, Bud and Charlotte Deevers Estes.
She is survived by her soul mate of 30 years, Rick Farrell of the home; a sister, Linda (Jay) Crosnoe; niece, Michelle (Mike) Ramsey; and nephews, Landon and Layton Hahn, all of Cape Girardeau.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Porter Funeral Home, 8535 Monrovia St., Lenexa, Kansas.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society.
Condolences may be expressed at www.porterfuneralhome.com.
Arrangements by Porter Funeral Homes & Crematory; (913) 438-6444.