- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- Brenda Delay, 65, Overland Park died Friday, Jan. 6, 2017, at her home.
Brenda was born in Cape Girardeau.
After graduating from Southeast Missouri State University, Brenda began her career as a school teacher for first- and second-graders. After moving to Kansas City, she worked for DST before joining UMB Bank for a successful 20-plus year career before retiring in 2011. While at UMB, Brenda often was referred to as the "ventilator" for her unique ability to defuse high-charged situations without being judgmental.
Her many passions included music, art, gardening and animals of all kinds. Brenda had a knack for painting antique saw blades, which adorn many homes of those she knew.
Brenda was preceded in death by her parents, Bud and Charlotte Deevers Estes.
She is survived by her soul mate of 30 years, Rick Farrell of the home; a sister, Linda (Jay) Crosnoe; niece, Michelle (Mike) Ramsey; and nephews, Landon and Layton Hahn, all of Cape Girardeau.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Porter Funeral Home, 8535 Monrovia St., Lenexa, Kansas.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society.
Condolences may be expressed at www.porterfuneralhome.com.
Arrangements by Porter Funeral Homes & Crematory; (913) 438-6444.