- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- Brenda Delay, 65, Overland Park died Friday, Jan. 6, 2017, at her home.
Brenda was born in Cape Girardeau.
After graduating from Southeast Missouri State University, Brenda began her career as a school teacher for first- and second-graders. After moving to Kansas City, she worked for DST before joining UMB Bank for a successful 20-plus year career before retiring in 2011. While at UMB, Brenda often was referred to as the "ventilator" for her unique ability to defuse high-charged situations without being judgmental.
Her many passions included music, art, gardening and animals of all kinds. Brenda had a knack for painting antique saw blades, which adorn many homes of those she knew.
Brenda was preceded in death by her parents, Bud and Charlotte Deevers Estes.
She is survived by her soul mate of 30 years, Rick Farrell of the home; a sister, Linda (Jay) Crosnoe; niece, Michelle (Mike) Ramsey; and nephews, Landon and Layton Hahn, all of Cape Girardeau.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Porter Funeral Home, 8535 Monrovia St., Lenexa, Kansas.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society.
Condolences may be expressed at www.porterfuneralhome.com.
Arrangements by Porter Funeral Homes & Crematory; (913) 438-6444.