- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
New Year offers a time to reflect
A new year is almost here.
In just a couple days we'll say goodbye to 2016 and flip the calendar over to 2017.
As the final days of this year come and go, we encourage you to take some time and think.
Reflect on all that's transpired for you in the last 365 days -- whether it be good things you've been blessed with or difficulties that you've faced. There's plenty you can learn from both types of situations, and now is a good time to give them all a closer look.
A new year offers a fresh start. Evaluate what direction you want your life to go in and set some goals that will help you set out on that path. Goals don't have to be monumental; know what's achievable for you and strive to reach those marks. And remember that just because you're not able to reach your goals as fast as you'd like, or you have some setbacks along the way, doesn't mean that they're unattainable. Keep plugging along to be the best you you can be!
Remember, also, to embrace where you've come from, all the good in your life and the people who have been with you on your journey so far.
We hope you enjoy your New Year's Eve and celebrate the past year and the year to come. Please be safe while out celebrating, and if you choose to drink designate a sober driver.
Happy New Year!