- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
About 73 confirmed, suspected mumps cases at Missouri school
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Officials said at least 73 confirmed and probable cases of mumps have been reported at the University of Missouri.
The Columbia Missourian reported many of the cases of the viral infection are linked to the school's Greek life community.
The outbreak began in early November with four confirmed cases.
The executive director of the university's health center said all infected students have been vaccinated, but the vaccine does not prevent 100 percent of infections.