- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Speak Out 11/29/16
If you missed the funeral procession in Jackson for retired letter carrier Bob Goza today (Nov. 16) with all the mail trucks in it then you missed a very moving tribute, no pun intended.
Pay it forward
My husband, daughter, and I had lunch at Logan’s on Saturday. When we were almost finished, our server informed us that someone had paid for our meal. We did not see you, and don’t know who you were, but we want to thank you for this very generous random act of kindness in the true spirit of Christmas. It truly touched us, and we will be sure to pay it forward.
Guns don’t kill
It’s not the guns that kill people, it is people killing people. That is like saying cars kill people and so let’s stop people from having a car. Until we get morality and God back into the people this will only get worse. We need to clean up America starting with the younger generation.