- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Speak Out 11/29/16
If you missed the funeral procession in Jackson for retired letter carrier Bob Goza today (Nov. 16) with all the mail trucks in it then you missed a very moving tribute, no pun intended.
Pay it forward
My husband, daughter, and I had lunch at Logan’s on Saturday. When we were almost finished, our server informed us that someone had paid for our meal. We did not see you, and don’t know who you were, but we want to thank you for this very generous random act of kindness in the true spirit of Christmas. It truly touched us, and we will be sure to pay it forward.
Guns don’t kill
It’s not the guns that kill people, it is people killing people. That is like saying cars kill people and so let’s stop people from having a car. Until we get morality and God back into the people this will only get worse. We need to clean up America starting with the younger generation.