- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Speak Out 11/29/16
If you missed the funeral procession in Jackson for retired letter carrier Bob Goza today (Nov. 16) with all the mail trucks in it then you missed a very moving tribute, no pun intended.
Pay it forward
My husband, daughter, and I had lunch at Logan’s on Saturday. When we were almost finished, our server informed us that someone had paid for our meal. We did not see you, and don’t know who you were, but we want to thank you for this very generous random act of kindness in the true spirit of Christmas. It truly touched us, and we will be sure to pay it forward.
Guns don’t kill
It’s not the guns that kill people, it is people killing people. That is like saying cars kill people and so let’s stop people from having a car. Until we get morality and God back into the people this will only get worse. We need to clean up America starting with the younger generation.