- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Speak Out 11/29/16
If you missed the funeral procession in Jackson for retired letter carrier Bob Goza today (Nov. 16) with all the mail trucks in it then you missed a very moving tribute, no pun intended.
Pay it forward
My husband, daughter, and I had lunch at Logan’s on Saturday. When we were almost finished, our server informed us that someone had paid for our meal. We did not see you, and don’t know who you were, but we want to thank you for this very generous random act of kindness in the true spirit of Christmas. It truly touched us, and we will be sure to pay it forward.
Guns don’t kill
It’s not the guns that kill people, it is people killing people. That is like saying cars kill people and so let’s stop people from having a car. Until we get morality and God back into the people this will only get worse. We need to clean up America starting with the younger generation.