- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Macy's in Cape to be open Thanksgiving Day
Though West Park Mall in Cape Girardeau will be closed, at least one store in the shopping center will be open Thanksgiving Day to cater to those looking to begin their Black Friday shopping early.
Macy's will open at 5 p.m. Thanksgiving Day.
Holly Thomas, Macy's group vice president, said in an email the stores will be staffed by employees who volunteer for the Thanksgiving shift.
"Doing so means that our employees are able to make their own decisions about how they contribute to our most important and busiest weekend of the year," Thomas said. "Additionally, associates who work any shift on Thanksgiving Day will be compensated with overtime pay."
The Cape Girardeau location, as with many other Macy's stores, will remain open from Thanksgiving Day until 2 a.m. Black Friday.
After a four-hour closure, the store will open at 6 a.m. Black Friday.
Only West Park Mall stores with exterior exits have the option of opening on Thanksgiving.
Barnes and Noble officials confirmed last week its store would follow the mall's hours and remain closed until 6 a.m. Black Friday.
JCPenney, West Park Mall's other prominent anchor store, has not yet announced its holiday hours.
3049 William St, Cape Girardeau, MO