- Architectural Digest names Cape Missouri's prettiest city (7/19/18)1
- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Meat cutter's obit stokes interest, laughter (7/20/18)2
- Farewell to a First Lady (7/17/18)4
- Cape drops charge against carGO (7/18/18)9
- Wiggans resigns; Bristow named interim superintendent at Meadow Heights (7/18/18)
- Support worker freedom by voting 'yes' on Prop A (7/14/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Cape city spending thousands to promote commuter flights, boost boardings (7/17/18)5
Redhawks, Andy's Open Polls for "Rowdy Redhawk" Election
The Southeast Missouri State Department of Athletics in partnership with Andy's Frozen Custard is excited to announce a flavor election for the new "Rowdy Redhawk" concrete coming to the menu at Andy's in Cape Girardeau.
This election season, fans have the chance to exercise their right to vote and select the flavor of the new "Rowdy Redhawk," which will appear permanently on the menu at Andy's in Cape Girardeau. The two candidates running in the "Rowdy Redhawk" election are:
· Andy's Vanilla Frozen Custard blended with Oreo and strawberries
· Andy's Chocolate Frozen Custard blended with Oreo and raspberries
Fans can vote during the entire month of October by ordering their preferred flavor at Andy's Frozen Custard in Cape Girardeau. Each purchase will be a vote for that flavor, and the flavor that finishes the month with the most purchases will be chosen as the new Rowdy Redhawk treat. The polls officially open on Saturday, Oct. 1 at 11 a.m., and fans are welcome to cast multiple votes.
For fans who would like to taste a sample before they cast their ballot, Andy's will provide free samples of the flavors each Saturday from 2-4 p.m. during the month of October.
The winning candidate will be announced at the Redhawks Football Homecoming game on Saturday, Nov. 5.