- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Kiwanis 7th Annual 5K Race-"It's All About the KIDS" on Nov 12
On Saturday, Nov. 12, the Jackson Kiwanis Club will host its 7th annual 5K Run/Walk, “It’s All About the Kids.” For additional information on sponsorship opportunities or for a form to register as a runner visit www.jacksonmokiwanis.org.
Proceeds from this race will go to children’s projects: Elks Christmas baskets, Jackson Police Department Annual Toy Drive, programs at Orchard Drive Elementary School and more.
The race begins and ends at Orchard Drive Elementary School, 1402 Orchard Drive, Jackson, MO. Starting time is 9 a.m.
Awards will be given in the following categories: Overall Male/Female and the top three runners in the following age groups: 0-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60+.
Participant fees are: $20 ($10 for 17 and under) if received by Nov. 1.
Fees received any time after Nov. 1 are $25. Those registered by Nov. 1 are guaranteed a t-shirt.
For additional information or questions, contact Roger Jespersen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-803-0757.