- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
At what age did you start running?
Why did you start running?
Weighed 270 lbs. Had high blood pressure, sleep apnea and was pre diabetic. Something had to change. I have lost 90 lbs., no longer take medication for blood pressure, no more cpap and sugar is normal. Healthier now than ever before.
What is your best 5K time after turning 50?
First 5K was 27 minutes in 2013 and Best 5K was last September at 50 years 11 months old with a time of 19:11. I PR'd every distance I ran at the age of 50. Current fastest mile is 5:53.
What is the race/time you’re most proud of since turning 50?
Completed the light at the end of the tunnel marathon this June in Seattle WA. and ran a 16 minute PR at 3:18:48 which is a Boston qualifier by over 11 minutes. Will be running Boston for the first time next April. A goal that I NEVER thought possible.
What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run since turning 50?
90.46 miles at the age of 50 during the Aslinger endurance run in Cape.
What’s your favorite local route to run?
Morunco down kingshighway to Broadway, down Broadway to river, out water street to southern expressway, to Shawnee park and back to morunco on the trail for a total distance of 11 miles.
The thing I enjoy most about running is:
The friends I have made is number 1 to me. I started running to get healthier and it for sure has helped but the runners in our community are the best. Even on a really hard training run, you will not be alone and will always come away with a good story and laugh.