- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
At what age did you start running?
I started running at 21.
What is your best 5K time after turning 50?
I am not much of a 5k girl because I am built for endurance not speed. The only 5k that I have run since turning 50, I had a time of 29.53.
What is the race/time you’re most proud of since turning 50?
It is hard to narrow it down to just one race because I feel a big accomplishment each time that I cross the finish line. I am probably the most proud of the St. Louis Rock and Roll half marathon in October 2012. I ran a 2:08;33 which was 2 minutes faster than the previous year's time at the same race.
What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run since turning 50?
26.2 miles. I ran the Phoenix Rock and Roll marathon in 2011.
What’s your favorite local route to run?
I love to start at Arena, run down Broadway and take the new River trail north. Especially in the morning when the sun is starting to come up.
The thing I enjoy most about running is:
The great running friends that I have met during the 34 years that I have run. You really get to know a person that you spend hours with running. In February 2016, I went to Tampa to run a half marathon with an old friend who used to live in Jackson. We ran together 4-5 days a week for over 10 years. I ran the race with my friend and her new running buddies.