- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
At what age did you start running?
Why did you start running?
My son finished his eligibility for college track and field. I missed going to track meets. I also was turning 50.
What is your best 5K time after turning 50?
I sprint! 50, 60, 100 and 200 meters.
What is the race/time you’re most proud of since turning 50?
Just missing the Masters All American standard in the 60. The standard was 9.9 seconds and I ran a 10.0
What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run since turning 50?
What’s your favorite local route to run?
I run on good old track - in a circle
The thing I enjoy most about running is:
Competitions. It's fun seeing seniors and masters athletes still competing in track and field.